India’s most awaited automotive event – the Delhi Auto Expo 2010 will be held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from January 5th 2010 – January 11th 2010. Auto critics and auto enthusiasts along with millions of customers from across the nation are eagerly awaiting the event.
The first Auto Expo in India was held in 1986. It was a Complete Automotive Show jointly organized by the Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM). The next Auto Show was organized in 1993 and the following one in 1996. Ever since then the event has been institutionalized as a biennial event. Thus, subsequent Delhi Auto Expos were held in 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2008. This is the 10th edition of the event coming up next month.
The Delhi Auto Expo aims to create a common platform for all automotive enthusiasts, customers and car lovers to experience the zest of Indian automotive scenario and have an insight into what lies in store in future. The event is spread over 140,000 square meters of area where there are more than 2100 participants taking part. There are vehicle pavilions showcasing their product portfolios, concept models and new launches in the country. There are pavilions for the component and accessory manufacturers to showcase their products and use the event as their marketing platform as well.
There is international participation by more than 25 countries, a Vintage Car Display, Go-karting, Award Nights, a Design Contest, and an “Asli/Naqli” Pavilion as special attractions. Themed pavilions such as the Alternate Fuel / Gas Pavilion, Accessories Pavillion, Design Pavilion, Diesel Pavillion, Garage Equipment Pavillion, Robotics Pavillion are amongst one of the favorite attractions for visitors.
The 2010 Auto Expo
The upcoming auto event is poised to be the second largest auto event in the world preceding the Shanghai Auto Show in China which has around 600,000 visitors annually. In 2009, nearly 30 Auto shows were held globally. The New York Auto Show had 1.2 million viewers.
The Shanghai Auto Show and New York Motors Show have their venues in the hearts of these two bustling cities which wins them far more footage. Such is not the case with the Delhi Auto Expo which is held at Pragati Maidan and does not enjoy this benefit. Moreover, the New York Auto Show is held for 10 days and Shanghai Auto Show is spread over 9 days while Delhi Auto Expo is held only for seven days. Even after these limitations the Delhi Auto Expo is expected to draw at least 1.8 million visitors in a span of less than seven days.
One of the main reasons for the Delhi Auto Expo to become one of the most successful ones is India’s fast growing market for two-wheelers and passenger vehicles. Currently the car ownership in India is only 7 cars per 1000 people as compared to 27 cars per 1000 people in China. Thus, there is enormous scope of development for the new vehicle market. The event is an ideal platform for global and domestic auto manufacturers to showcase their products.
Moreover, auto component manufacturers and accessories manufacturers also find it a suitable platform to promote their products and create brand awareness. For many of these global vehicle manufacturers, India is yet a virgin market and showcasing a concept model here proves very fruitful. Component manufacturers benefit greatly from events like these,” says Mohit Arora, senior director, Singapore based JD Power & Associates.
Related Articles : Wheel Industry
01. Honda : What Next
02. Mahindra's Beautiful Dream XYLO running on the road
03. Mahindra and Mahindra : A New Scooter Segment
04. The car of the mile Maruti will not sell 800 in 11 cities from 2010
05. Hero Honda contributes climb up in two-wheeler sales
06. Tata's Air Car - Is it the next big thing?
07. Maruti 800 : Still run on the road
08. Once again Kawasaki-Bajaj
09. Global Car Majors to Follow Maruti Route
10. Maruti Suzuki's New Launch The Ritz - BS-IV Emission Norms
11. Is Audi Q5 pick the Indian Market?
12. Hyundai - Is a Nano Competitor?
13. Can Maruti Alto compete to Tata's Nano
14. Bajaj Bikes Runs On The Road of Africa and Europe
15. Maruti Suzuki Launches Ritz in Orissa
16. Tata Motors To Give Back Dealers Over Unsold Nano Forms
17. Skoda’s Attraction : A Small Car Runs on Indian Road in Next Year
18. What Is The Real Cost of Owning The Wonder Car - Nano?
19. Honda Jazz : An excellent car with good looks
20. Grab Discount Offers in June from Car Manufacturers in India
21. Mini Car from General Motors
22. Electric and Hybrid Cars from Tata Motors
23. Mahindra's New Variant : Xylo MPV with ABS (Anti-lock Breaking System)
24. Indian Auto Market : Best and Not-So-Best Models
25. TVS Apache RTR, M&M to bump off US Market
26. Fiat's Grande Punto : A Cool Car
27. Honda Jazz - An Excellent Car With Good Looks
28. Car AC : Tips To Tackle With Car AC
29. Mahindra's New Scorpio: A Powerful Automotive Vehicle
30. What is "Bharat IV Emission Norms"?
31. Why I like Maruti 800?
32. Toyota's Land Cruiser On Indian Roads
33. Alfa Romeo Milano : A New CAR (2010)
34. Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid (2010) CAR
35. Just Post Your Complaint Against Auto Drivers
36. You have to wait for Fiat Bravo
37. Expansion of Pre-Owned Cars Business - General Motors
38. Audi is going to Increases its Sales Force in India
39. TVS Flame SR 125 Set In Motion
40. Ford India Counts Big on Indian Market
41. More Powerful Engine of Maruti Grand Vitara
42. M&M Make up a U-Turn to Africa
43. Are You The First Lucky Nano Buyer?
44. Bajaj Launching Upgraded Pulsar 220 DTSi
45. High-tech “Flame” to Heat Up Indian Market
46. A new Spark on Beat-concept by end-2009 from General Motors
47. Air Car From Tata Motors
48. Please do not turn on Car A/C immediately
49. Diesel Engine : Is It Really Profitable? - 2
50. Fulfill Your Dreams with 8% SBI Car Loans
51. On The Launch of Hyundai i20 CRDi Diesel Version
52. You Have To Wait For JLR Brand
53. You can win a Tata Indica Vista!
54. Fiat's Chrysler Brand may come in India
55. GM India Plans to Promote Chevrolet Brand, Opel to be Sidelined
56. Tata Motors Launches Land Rover and Jaguar in India
57. Skoda Yeti to Shine at Auto Expo India 2010
58. Nano May Rule out the Indian Rural Market
59. Tata Winger : Features and Technicalities - 1
60. Tata Winger : Variants and Price - 2
61. Tata Winger : The Short Comings - 3
62. Honda Jazz : 1.5L Petrol Engine at Your Service
63. New Hybrid Car : Porsche Cayenne entered in India
64. It's Corolla Altis Sports from Toyota
65. Ford's Small Car in 2010
66. Chevrolet Spark : A New Diesel Variant
67. Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo in New Complexion
68. New Racing Kits from Yamaha : YZF 15 and FZ 16
69. Just Calculate : Indica Petrol OR Diesel
70. Hydrogen cars for UK's GenNext
71. Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTSi - Fastest Indian Bike Ever
72. Ashok Vichare : The First Nano Owner
73. General Motors New Limited Edition : Chevrolet Aveo
74. Now Think about Bajaj Pulsar 220 Instead of Bajaj Pulsar 200
75. New Development : Maruti Alto CNG Kit
76. Ignite Your Car with Laser Technology
77. Hyundai i10 Diesel Coming to India
78. Mitsubishi’s New Model : Cedia Sports in India
79. We Proud Being a Part of Mahindra and Mahindra
80. Get Your Own Car with KB Series Engines from Maruti
81. Chevrolet Aveo : The Car at Glance
82. Win the contest of Mahindra Xylo : Lets Me Fly
83. Toyota Fortuner On The Road This Month
84. Volkswagen Polo : It Just Costs Rs. 4 Lakh
85. Luxury Sedan from Volvo Coming In India
86. Delhi Auto Expo : Mitsubishi Evo-X Coming Up
87. It's a happiest journey of Maruti
88. Get Affordable Ride with Two-wheelers LPG Kit
89. Its a Special Edition of Mercedes C Class
90. Nissan March/Micra Welcome to India
91. Volkswagen Beauty "Polo" : I Don't Know When It Comes?
92. WindRiders! Yamaha's Storm Coming to Your Town
93. A Secret of "Har Ghar Mein Maruti" : A Success Story
94. Audi’s Newest Eco-Friendly E- series Cars
95. Nano To Be Moved Up in Latin American Markets
96. A Low Cost Car from General Motors
97. Tata Motors One Step! Electric Indica Vista
98. Ford's EcoBoost Technology : First Time in India
99. Free Care Clinic Hyundai on September 07
100. It's Ford' Latest Piece : C-Max
101. Porsche 911 Sports Classic : Take A New Look of It!
102. Manesar : Maruti's New Home
103. Dharwad : Tata's New Nano Plant
104. Tata Indica Vista EV Ready to Fly over Norway
105. Next Week Launch : New Fort Endeavour
106. On the Launch of Mahindra Logan Play
107. On the launch of Hero Honda Karizma ZMR
108. Maruti's “Made In India” Car
109. Small Packages from Ford : Figo
110. Kia Venga : A New Dream at Frankfurt Auto Show
111. Citroen Rivolte : Unique Car Uncovered at the Frankfurt Auto Show
112. 2 New Electric Cars from Reva Electric
113. First CNG-Petrol Dual Engine in India Introduced by Maruti
114. Mahindra and Mahindra : Xylo 4 Sure Offer
115. Women's Make Up Cause Half a Million Road Crashes
116. 11th Maruti Raid-de-Himalayas Rally
117. Hyundai Equus Saloon
118. Chevrolet Cruze Coming to India
119. Get Ride On Honda Aviator with 110cc Engine
120. SX4 Automatic
121. Fiat : On Self Consecration
122. Fiat Diesel Drives India
123. New Generation Indian Cars
124. World Record For Electric Cars : Australian Tesla
125. Scrappage Scheme : Introduced Cheaper New Cars in International Market
126. New Vauxhall Corsa Discovered
127. Hyundai Future in India
128. Why More Traffic To Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTSi
129. Hyundai i10 : A Flagship Model
130. Delhi Auto Expo : Maruti Suzuki SX4 Hatchback
131. Axis Bank and Honda Siel Cars India Limited : A New Chapter