General Motors India intends to increase its used-car business five fold in India by the end of this year. It owns 11 Chevrolet-OK as its pre-owned car retail outlets and intends to increase the strength of these outlets to up to at least 50. It also has 203 dealers in India which it intends to increase up to 250 by the end of this year. At present, there are 203 outlets of General Motors across the country. Further it get to be expand by more 250 outlets by the end of this financial year.
General Motors extending the same 3-year/one lakh km warranty to used-car owners as well. Though they have not set target for used-cars, but the sale of used cars should not be less than 40 per cent of the new car sales at an outlet. All the used cars at dealerships in India will undergo a history check as well as go through 110-point check list by GM India trained engineers.
The wholly owned Indian subsidiary of the American auto giant seems to be facing trouble in raising money to complete its engine plant in India. Its parent company has already filed bankruptcy in the US and is not much of help for its troubles. Earlier Reilly had stated that it faced problems in raising USD 200 million funds earmarked for its engine plant in Talegaon, Maharashtra. GM India also intends to increase its dealership network to rural and sem-urban Indian cities as well.
Related Articles : Wheel Industry
01. Honda : What Next
02. Mahindra's Beautiful Dream XYLO running on the road
03. Mahindra and Mahindra : A New Scooter Segment
04. The car of the mile Maruti will not sell 800 in 11 cities from 2010
05. Hero Honda contributes climb up in two-wheeler sales
06. Tata's Air Car - Is it the next big thing?
07. Maruti 800 : Still run on the road
08. Once again Kawasaki-Bajaj
09. Global Car Majors to Follow Maruti Route
10. Maruti Suzuki's New Launch The Ritz - BS-IV Emission Norms
11. Is Audi Q5 pick the Indian Market?
12. Hyundai - Is a Nano Competitor?
13. Can Maruti Alto compete to Tata's Nano
14. Bajaj Bikes Runs On The Road of Africa and Europe
15. Maruti Suzuki Launches Ritz in Orissa
16. Tata Motors To Give Back Dealers Over Unsold Nano Forms
17. Skoda’s Attraction : A Small Car Runs on Indian Road in Next Year
18. What Is The Real Cost of Owning The Wonder Car - Nano?
19. Honda Jazz : An excellent car with good looks
20. Grab Discount Offers in June from Car Manufacturers in India
21. Mini Car from General Motors
22. Electric and Hybrid Cars from Tata Motors
23. Mahindra's New Variant : Xylo MPV with ABS (Anti-lock Breaking System)
24. Indian Auto Market : Best and Not-So-Best Models
25. TVS Apache RTR, M&M to bump off US Market
26. Fiat's Grande Punto : A Cool Car
27. Honda Jazz - An Excellent Car With Good Looks
28. Car AC : Tips To Tackle With Car AC
29. Mahindra's New Scorpio: A Powerful Automotive Vehicle
30. What is "Bharat IV Emission Norms"?
31. Why I like Maruti 800?
32. Toyota's Land Cruiser On Indian Roads
33. Alfa Romeo Milano : A New CAR (2010)
34. Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid (2010) CAR
35. Just Post Your Complaint Against Auto Drivers
36. You have to wait for Fiat Bravo