Czech auto giant Skoda, part of German automaker Volkswagen, is stepping up the gas in India and plans four new launches by next year which will see it entering the small car, MPV and SUV segments. The company may also increase local content in its cars in the coming year, and is looking to phase out the Octavia in the next couple of years.
The Octavia was used to make an entry into the mid-market segment. Skoda will introducing the small car at a little over Rs. 3 lakh (just compare it with Maruti Alto - Lxi). Skoda Auto India, on the sidelines of the launch of the diesel version of the Skoda Superb. I think, India will be the first market where this car will be launched. An estate/variant of the Skoda Fabia is also being tested for the Indian market. Also the Roomster, which is an MPV is being tested on Indian Roads. The company will launch the SUV, Yeti, next year. The Yeti will be brought out later this year at the Geneva Auto Show and Skoda plans to launch it in India in the first half of next year.
With the launch of the diesel version of Skoda Superb, and the V6 petrol version launch earlier, the Czech automaker is getting strong-growing in the D-segment, which has grown 55% in the last quarter. The company will also move into the mid-market segment with the renovation of the seven-year old Octavia model. So, if you are thinking to buy Maruti Alto - Lxi then why not SUV Yeti?
Related Articles : Wheel Industry
01. Honda : What Next
02. Mahindra's Beautiful Dream XYLO running on the road
03. Mahindra and Mahindra : A New Scooter Segment
04. The car of the mile Maruti will not sell 800 in 11 cities from 2010
05. Hero Honda contributes climb up in two-wheeler sales
06. Tata's Air Car - Is it the next big thing?
07. Maruti 800 : Still run on the road
08. Once again Kawasaki-Bajaj
09. Global Car Majors to Follow Maruti Route
10. Maruti Suzuki's New Launch The Ritz - BS-IV Emission Norms
11. Is Audi Q5 pick the Indian Market?
12. Hyundai - Is a Nano Competitor?
13. Can Maruti Alto compete to Tata's Nano
14. Bajaj Bikes Runs On The Road of Africa and Europe
15. Maruti Suzuki Launches Ritz in Orissa
16. Tata Motors To Give Back Dealers Over Unsold Nano Forms