Yeah! All you are right to be here to read the secrets of Maruti in this worst economic crisis. Maruti Suzuki finagled to report good sales figures even in the middle of the worst economic crisis. Sales figures from Maruti Suzuki clearly show that the company has an ace up its sleeves which makes it India’s largest car manufacturer and why every second car sold in India has a Maruti logo.
Maruti launched a scheme two years back called “Har Ghar Mein Maruti” or a Maruti in Every Home. This scheme aimed at rural India and targeted customers like well to do farmers, teachers, rural bank members, health care members, public service personnel in rural India. It campaigned through the Gram Panchayats and the local high authorities initially and then penetrated deeper by appointing 3,000 locals as Resident Dealer Sales Executive who promotes sales of Maruti cars in the region.
The scheme paid off in past few months when the sales figures dwindled to all time low in the urban markets especially in metros and ‘A’ grade cities. The total sales from the rural market contributed about 12 percent of the total sales figures of the company.
Apart from this Maruti exports figures also saw a boost due to its strong small car portfolio. Its latest model A-Star launched in November 2008 was exported to European countries which clearly showed signs that the customers are now more interested in fuel efficient and eco-friendly cars rather than gas-gulpers.
Related Articles : Wheel Industry
01. Honda : What Next
02. Mahindra's Beautiful Dream XYLO running on the road
03. Mahindra and Mahindra : A New Scooter Segment
04. The car of the mile Maruti will not sell 800 in 11 cities from 2010
05. Hero Honda contributes climb up in two-wheeler sales
06. Tata's Air Car - Is it the next big thing?
07. Maruti 800 : Still run on the road
08. Once again Kawasaki-Bajaj
09. Global Car Majors to Follow Maruti Route
10. Maruti Suzuki's New Launch The Ritz - BS-IV Emission Norms
11. Is Audi Q5 pick the Indian Market?
12. Hyundai - Is a Nano Competitor?
13. Can Maruti Alto compete to Tata's Nano
14. Bajaj Bikes Runs On The Road of Africa and Europe
15. Maruti Suzuki Launches Ritz in Orissa
16. Tata Motors To Give Back Dealers Over Unsold Nano Forms
17. Skoda’s Attraction : A Small Car Runs on Indian Road in Next Year
18. What Is The Real Cost of Owning The Wonder Car - Nano?
19. Honda Jazz : An excellent car with good looks
20. Grab Discount Offers in June from Car Manufacturers in India
21. Mini Car from General Motors
22. Electric and Hybrid Cars from Tata Motors
23. Mahindra's New Variant : Xylo MPV with ABS (Anti-lock Breaking System)
24. Indian Auto Market : Best and Not-So-Best Models
25. TVS Apache RTR, M&M to bump off US Market
26. Fiat's Grande Punto : A Cool Car
27. Honda Jazz - An Excellent Car With Good Looks
28. Car AC : Tips To Tackle With Car AC
29. Mahindra's New Scorpio: A Powerful Automotive Vehicle
30. What is "Bharat IV Emission Norms"?
31. Why I like Maruti 800?
32. Toyota's Land Cruiser On Indian Roads
33. Alfa Romeo Milano : A New CAR (2010)
34. Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid (2010) CAR
35. Just Post Your Complaint Against Auto Drivers
36. You have to wait for Fiat Bravo
37. Expansion of Pre-Owned Cars Business - General Motors
38. Audi is going to Increases its Sales Force in India
39. TVS Flame SR 125 Set In Motion
40. Ford India Counts Big on Indian Market
41. More Powerful Engine of Maruti Grand Vitara
42. M&M Make up a U-Turn to Africa
43. Are You The First Lucky Nano Buyer?
44. Bajaj Launching Upgraded Pulsar 220 DTSi
45. High-tech “Flame” to Heat Up Indian Market
46. A new Spark on Beat-concept by end-2009 from General Motors
47. Air Car From Tata Motors
48. Please do not turn on Car A/C immediately
49. Diesel Engine : Is It Really Profitable? - 2
50. Fulfill Your Dreams with 8% SBI Car Loans
51. On The Launch of Hyundai i20 CRDi Diesel Version
52. You Have To Wait For JLR Brand
53. You can win a Tata Indica Vista!
54. Fiat's Chrysler Brand may come in India
55. GM India Plans to Promote Chevrolet Brand, Opel to be Sidelined
56. Tata Motors Launches Land Rover and Jaguar in India
57. Skoda Yeti to Shine at Auto Expo India 2010
58. Nano May Rule out the Indian Rural Market
59. Tata Winger : Features and Technicalities - 1
60. Tata Winger : Variants and Price - 2
61. Tata Winger : The Short Comings - 3
62. Honda Jazz : 1.5L Petrol Engine at Your Service
63. New Hybrid Car : Porsche Cayenne entered in India
64. It's Corolla Altis Sports from Toyota
65. Ford's Small Car in 2010
66. Chevrolet Spark : A New Diesel Variant
67. Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo in New Complexion
68. New Racing Kits from Yamaha : YZF 15 and FZ 16
69. Just Calculate : Indica Petrol OR Diesel
70. Hydrogen cars for UK's GenNext
71. Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTSi - Fastest Indian Bike Ever
72. Ashok Vichare : The First Nano Owner
73. General Motors New Limited Edition : Chevrolet Aveo
74. Now Think about Bajaj Pulsar 220 Instead of Bajaj Pulsar 200
75. New Development : Maruti Alto CNG Kit
76. Ignite Your Car with Laser Technology
77. Hyundai i10 Diesel Coming to India
78. Mitsubishi’s New Model : Cedia Sports in India
79. We Proud Being a Part of Mahindra and Mahindra
80. Get Your Own Car with KB Series Engines from Maruti
81. Chevrolet Aveo : The Car at Glance
82. Win the contest of Mahindra Xylo : Lets Me Fly
83. Toyota Fortuner On The Road This Month
84. Volkswagen Polo : It Just Costs Rs. 4 Lakh
85. Luxury Sedan from Volvo Coming In India
86. Delhi Auto Expo : Mitsubishi Evo-X Coming Up
87. It's a happiest journey of Maruti
88. Get Affordable Ride with Two-wheelers LPG Kit
89. Its a Special Edition of Mercedes C Class
90. Nissan March/Micra Welcome to India
91. Volkswagen Beauty "Polo" : I Don't Know When It Comes?
92. WindRiders! Yamaha's Storm Coming to Your Town