Fiat India has postponed the launch of its upcoming model, Fiat Bravo, in India. Fiat intends to rebuild its brand in the country and the launch of Bravo was a part of the marketing strategy. However, looking at the present car scenario, it had postponed its decision to launch any high priced car. It states that there is clearly a lack of interest for car priced above Rs. 20 lakh. They have taken this decision due to poor market conditions.
Fiat Bravo will be imported as a completely built unit in India and would have attracted hundred percent duty on the same. The market is not viable for such highly priced cars. Fiat already marks its presence in the Indian auto market with its models like Fiat 500 Cinqcento and Fiat Linea. Fiat 500 which is a three door hatchback model is already priced at Rs. 13 lakh and above due to the import duty it attracts in India. It intends to launch Fiat Grand Punto on 17th of this month. Moreover, Fiat does not intend to launch models in the same segment that would compete with each other or with the Tata Motors portfolio.
Related Articles : Wheel Industry
01. Honda : What Next
02. Mahindra's Beautiful Dream XYLO running on the road
03. Mahindra and Mahindra : A New Scooter Segment
04. The car of the mile Maruti will not sell 800 in 11 cities from 2010
05. Hero Honda contributes climb up in two-wheeler sales
06. Tata's Air Car - Is it the next big thing?
07. Maruti 800 : Still run on the road
08. Once again Kawasaki-Bajaj
09. Global Car Majors to Follow Maruti Route
10. Maruti Suzuki's New Launch The Ritz - BS-IV Emission Norms
11. Is Audi Q5 pick the Indian Market?
12. Hyundai - Is a Nano Competitor?
13. Can Maruti Alto compete to Tata's Nano
14. Bajaj Bikes Runs On The Road of Africa and Europe
15. Maruti Suzuki Launches Ritz in Orissa
16. Tata Motors To Give Back Dealers Over Unsold Nano Forms
17. Skoda’s Attraction : A Small Car Runs on Indian Road in Next Year
18. What Is The Real Cost of Owning The Wonder Car - Nano?
19. Honda Jazz : An excellent car with good looks
20. Grab Discount Offers in June from Car Manufacturers in India
21. Mini Car from General Motors
22. Electric and Hybrid Cars from Tata Motors
23. Mahindra's New Variant : Xylo MPV with ABS (Anti-lock Breaking System)
24. Indian Auto Market : Best and Not-So-Best Models
25. TVS Apache RTR, M&M to bump off US Market
26. Fiat's Grande Punto : A Cool Car
27. Honda Jazz - An Excellent Car With Good Looks
28. Car AC : Tips To Tackle With Car AC
29. Mahindra's New Scorpio: A Powerful Automotive Vehicle
30. What is "Bharat IV Emission Norms"?
31. Why I like Maruti 800?
32. Toyota's Land Cruiser On Indian Roads
33. Alfa Romeo Milano : A New CAR (2010)
34. Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid (2010) CAR
35. Just Post Your Complaint Against Auto Drivers