Just another a 4 Wheeler in the category of a small car with a view of making it big in small car segment in India. The small car segment has been the most competitive segment, especially in India where customers in significant numbers look for a small car at minimum budget range. So, it is quite understandable that Honda has come up with a small car in order to tap this market. At the same time, the Company has wanted to maintain its reputation by positioning the car in the luxury range, so that it makes a big impression like that of its most successful cars Honda City and Civic.
It is my experience when I looked at first sight at the Jazz, I can be assured that it makes a good impression on road. I can also not help but feel that if the same model was introduced earlier than i20, it would certainly have made the best impression. Once I enter the car, the interior comfort gives a sense of getting into a luxury car. The seats are comfortable with cushioning and spacious legroom, and they justify the statement of "One life, why so serious?".
The power of 90PS with 1.2L Ivtech engine justifies and boosts confidence in the Honda cars. With the track record of the successful Honda New City, definitely we need not worry about performance. At the same time, the Features of the base model are a setback, as it comes without climate control, alloy wheels etc. Indeed, the test drive I took was very impressive and the car's acceleration, handling and breaking all proved good.
It could have certainly made a big success with the same price if launched earlier than the Fabia and i20, but now its seems to be too late. With the earlier rumours that Hoda might have priced the the car around 4.5 Lac, many customers would have planned to switch over to Honda for hatchback but now the option goes back to Swift, Indica Vista, and if budget is little higher then i20 and only at the end, consider New Honda Jazz.
Yeah! It is an excellent car with good looks, but simply too expensive.
Related Articles : Wheel Industry
01. Honda : What Next
02. Mahindra's Beautiful Dream XYLO running on the road
03. Mahindra and Mahindra : A New Scooter Segment
04. The car of the mile Maruti will not sell 800 in 11 cities from 2010
05. Hero Honda contributes climb up in two-wheeler sales
06. Tata's Air Car - Is it the next big thing?
07. Maruti 800 : Still run on the road
08. Once again Kawasaki-Bajaj
09. Global Car Majors to Follow Maruti Route
10. Maruti Suzuki's New Launch The Ritz - BS-IV Emission Norms
11. Is Audi Q5 pick the Indian Market?
12. Hyundai - Is a Nano Competitor?
13. Can Maruti Alto compete to Tata's Nano
14. Bajaj Bikes Runs On The Road of Africa and Europe
15. Maruti Suzuki Launches Ritz in Orissa
16. Tata Motors To Give Back Dealers Over Unsold Nano Forms
17. Skoda’s Attraction : A Small Car Runs on Indian Road in Next Year
18. What Is The Real Cost of Owning The Wonder Car - Nano?
19. Honda Jazz : An excellent car with good looks
20. Grab Discount Offers in June from Car Manufacturers in India
21. Mini Car from General Motors
22. Electric and Hybrid Cars from Tata Motors
23. Mahindra's New Variant : Xylo MPV with ABS (Anti-lock Breaking System)
24. Indian Auto Market : Best and Not-So-Best Models
25. TVS Apache RTR, M&M to bump off US Market
26. Fiat's Grande Punto : A Cool Car