A nicely harmonized brawny car with an belligerent posture – that is the Chevrolet Aveo! It is a car built for the masses, designed to please most of the onlookers and it gets marks for its design and style. General Motors has in the Aveo, a well-designed sedan which is solid and comfortable. The company has obviously kept in mind the severe competition in the segment and has come up with this entry level sedan.
But what about the “substance matter” – the fuel efficiency, drivability, on-road performance?
The Technicalities and Variants
The Aveo gives a smooth ride and an excellent suspension, quite good as compared to other cars in its segment. You can expect mileage of 14 kmpl in the city easily without AC. Although the car has good power steering, the notchy gear box is not as comfortable. The car is powered by a 1.4L petrol engines in three variants and one variant comes with a 1.6L petrol engine which delivers power of 102 PS and a maximum torque of 147 Nm:
Aveo 1.4 LS (Rs. 5,97,107) (ex-showroom Delhi)
Aveo 1.4 LT (Rs. 6,74,449)
Aveo 1.4LT With ABS (Rs. 7,02,653)
Aveo 1.6 LT ABS (Rs. 7,42,503)
The Aveo 1.4LT comes with 1.4 Liter engine with 94 PS power. There is an improvement in the exterior with New Chrome grill for radiator, two-tone beige interior, silver finish garnish on dashboard, adjustable steering column, height adjustable driver seat – all these features are available in base model itself.
The main features of 1.6 LT include Alloy wheels, leather upholstery, rear defogger with timer, tiltable steering column, double DIN radio with MP3, 6 speakers, ABS, Driver Air bag and Remote keyless entry with anti theft alarm.
The front brakes on all four variants are ventilated disc brakes which don’t get heated up, whereas the rear has self adjusting drum brakes.
As on most of its cars, General Motors India gives a 3 year / 1.0 lakh KM warranty on the car, but as we know, it does to some extent depend on how your dealer deals with you after the sale.
Design and Style
On the outer side, the car definitely has a sporty look. A pleasant design, clear headlamps, flared wheel arches and triangular tail lamps boast of a classy design and look - no complaints with the design and style!
As far as the interiors are concerned, the car has comfortable interiors with cool looks so you do not get a dull, boring feeling with its interiors, especially considering that Indian customers tend to own cars for longer spells. It is important to have cool interiors with a peppy beat that give a cool ambience whenever you drive.
The higher end versions come with all luxuries like leather upholstery, alloy wheels, 2-DIN audio system and remote control keyless entry. The 1.6 LT has a sound system with six speakers and a rear spoiler as well. The top model further comes with 2 safety bags in front and anti-braking system.
Other Features and Price
This mid –sized sedan from General Motors is priced at Rs. 5.84 lakh and above but it is definitely great value for money with an unparalleled road presence. The price of spare parts is low which makes the car all the more attractive to own.
You cannot compare Aveo with the smooth gears and drivability of Honda City. But yes, if you are looking for a complete budget sedan with low maintenance cost, great design and good handling and ride quality, opt for a Chevrolet Aveo.
Related Articles : Wheel Industry
01. Honda : What Next
02. Mahindra's Beautiful Dream XYLO running on the road
03. Mahindra and Mahindra : A New Scooter Segment
04. The car of the mile Maruti will not sell 800 in 11 cities from 2010
05. Hero Honda contributes climb up in two-wheeler sales
06. Tata's Air Car - Is it the next big thing?
07. Maruti 800 : Still run on the road
08. Once again Kawasaki-Bajaj
09. Global Car Majors to Follow Maruti Route
10. Maruti Suzuki's New Launch The Ritz - BS-IV Emission Norms
11. Is Audi Q5 pick the Indian Market?
12. Hyundai - Is a Nano Competitor?
13. Can Maruti Alto compete to Tata's Nano
14. Bajaj Bikes Runs On The Road of Africa and Europe
15. Maruti Suzuki Launches Ritz in Orissa
16. Tata Motors To Give Back Dealers Over Unsold Nano Forms
17. Skoda’s Attraction : A Small Car Runs on Indian Road in Next Year
18. What Is The Real Cost of Owning The Wonder Car - Nano?
19. Honda Jazz : An excellent car with good looks
20. Grab Discount Offers in June from Car Manufacturers in India
21. Mini Car from General Motors
22. Electric and Hybrid Cars from Tata Motors
23. Mahindra's New Variant : Xylo MPV with ABS (Anti-lock Breaking System)
24. Indian Auto Market : Best and Not-So-Best Models
25. TVS Apache RTR, M&M to bump off US Market
26. Fiat's Grande Punto : A Cool Car
27. Honda Jazz - An Excellent Car With Good Looks
28. Car AC : Tips To Tackle With Car AC
29. Mahindra's New Scorpio: A Powerful Automotive Vehicle
30. What is "Bharat IV Emission Norms"?
31. Why I like Maruti 800?
32. Toyota's Land Cruiser On Indian Roads
33. Alfa Romeo Milano : A New CAR (2010)
34. Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid (2010) CAR
35. Just Post Your Complaint Against Auto Drivers
36. You have to wait for Fiat Bravo
37. Expansion of Pre-Owned Cars Business - General Motors
38. Audi is going to Increases its Sales Force in India
39. TVS Flame SR 125 Set In Motion
40. Ford India Counts Big on Indian Market
41. More Powerful Engine of Maruti Grand Vitara
42. M&M Make up a U-Turn to Africa
43. Are You The First Lucky Nano Buyer?
44. Bajaj Launching Upgraded Pulsar 220 DTSi
45. High-tech “Flame” to Heat Up Indian Market
46. A new Spark on Beat-concept by end-2009 from General Motors
47. Air Car From Tata Motors
48. Please do not turn on Car A/C immediately
49. Diesel Engine : Is It Really Profitable? - 2
50. Fulfill Your Dreams with 8% SBI Car Loans
51. On The Launch of Hyundai i20 CRDi Diesel Version
52. You Have To Wait For JLR Brand
53. You can win a Tata Indica Vista!
54. Fiat's Chrysler Brand may come in India
55. GM India Plans to Promote Chevrolet Brand, Opel to be Sidelined
56. Tata Motors Launches Land Rover and Jaguar in India
57. Skoda Yeti to Shine at Auto Expo India 2010
58. Nano May Rule out the Indian Rural Market
59. Tata Winger : Features and Technicalities - 1
60. Tata Winger : Variants and Price - 2
61. Tata Winger : The Short Comings - 3
62. Honda Jazz : 1.5L Petrol Engine at Your Service
63. New Hybrid Car : Porsche Cayenne entered in India
64. It's Corolla Altis Sports from Toyota
65. Ford's Small Car in 2010
66. Chevrolet Spark : A New Diesel Variant
67. Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo in New Complexion
68. New Racing Kits from Yamaha : YZF 15 and FZ 16
69. Just Calculate : Indica Petrol OR Diesel
70. Hydrogen cars for UK's GenNext
71. Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTSi - Fastest Indian Bike Ever
72. Ashok Vichare : The First Nano Owner
73. General Motors New Limited Edition : Chevrolet Aveo
74. Now Think about Bajaj Pulsar 220 Instead of Bajaj Pulsar 200
75. New Development : Maruti Alto CNG Kit
76. Ignite Your Car with Laser Technology
77. Hyundai i10 Diesel Coming to India
78. Mitsubishi’s New Model : Cedia Sports in India
79. We Proud Being a Part of Mahindra and Mahindra
80. Get Your Own Car with KB Series Engines from Maruti