Audi is eyeing the Indian market seriously and intends to grab a larger market share by competing fiercely with its competitors like Mercedes and BMW. BMW has already surpassed Mercedes in sales figures in India. Now Audi intends to do the same. It is geared up to increase its dealership networks in India with an intention to grab at least 30 percent market share in India by the year 2011. Its current market share is 20 percent in India in the luxury car segment. Terming their growth in the country as sustainable. In the last five months alone the company have grown by 57 per cent.
Currently they have 11 dealerships in major cities. They will be soon appointing new dealers in Lucknow, Jaipur, Coimbatore and Nagpur. Jubilant Motors from Bangalore has entered into a partnership with Audi for appointing dealers in South India. Jubilant Motors already has a showroom in Bangalore and its Chennai showroom will be operational by early 2010. They have invested close to Rs. 12 crore for the Chennai dealership.
Related Articles : Wheel Industry
01. Honda : What Next
02. Mahindra's Beautiful Dream XYLO running on the road
03. Mahindra and Mahindra : A New Scooter Segment
04. The car of the mile Maruti will not sell 800 in 11 cities from 2010
05. Hero Honda contributes climb up in two-wheeler sales
06. Tata's Air Car - Is it the next big thing?
07. Maruti 800 : Still run on the road
08. Once again Kawasaki-Bajaj
09. Global Car Majors to Follow Maruti Route
10. Maruti Suzuki's New Launch The Ritz - BS-IV Emission Norms
11. Is Audi Q5 pick the Indian Market?
12. Hyundai - Is a Nano Competitor?
13. Can Maruti Alto compete to Tata's Nano
14. Bajaj Bikes Runs On The Road of Africa and Europe
15. Maruti Suzuki Launches Ritz in Orissa
16. Tata Motors To Give Back Dealers Over Unsold Nano Forms
17. Skoda’s Attraction : A Small Car Runs on Indian Road in Next Year
18. What Is The Real Cost of Owning The Wonder Car - Nano?
19. Honda Jazz : An excellent car with good looks
20. Grab Discount Offers in June from Car Manufacturers in India
21. Mini Car from General Motors
22. Electric and Hybrid Cars from Tata Motors
23. Mahindra's New Variant : Xylo MPV with ABS (Anti-lock Breaking System)
24. Indian Auto Market : Best and Not-So-Best Models
25. TVS Apache RTR, M&M to bump off US Market
26. Fiat's Grande Punto : A Cool Car
27. Honda Jazz - An Excellent Car With Good Looks
28. Car AC : Tips To Tackle With Car AC
29. Mahindra's New Scorpio: A Powerful Automotive Vehicle
30. What is "Bharat IV Emission Norms"?
31. Why I like Maruti 800?
32. Toyota's Land Cruiser On Indian Roads
33. Alfa Romeo Milano : A New CAR (2010)
34. Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid (2010) CAR
35. Just Post Your Complaint Against Auto Drivers
36. You have to wait for Fiat Bravo
37. Expansion of Pre-Owned Cars Business - General Motors