Hyundai Motors India Limited is planning to launch the i20 CRDi diesel model in India. The model has already been spotted doing test drive near the Chennai plant. The company may launch either of the two options of the 1.4L CRDi diesel engine producing 75PS or 90PS. The new model is expected in the showrooms by sometime in July 2009. However, there is no official statement from the company so far regarding the launch, specifications or the price.Honda has recently launched its small car model Jazz in the Indian market which has been perceived as an over-priced model. On the other hand, i10 and i20 have been well-received in this segment and a new diesel model of Hyundai’s premium hatchback will lend the much needed leverage in the sales. The new CRDi model is expected to be priced nearly Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 100,000 over and above the existing price of its petrol variant.
Related Articles : Wheel Industry
01. Honda : What Next
02. Mahindra's Beautiful Dream XYLO running on the road
03. Mahindra and Mahindra : A New Scooter Segment
04. The car of the mile Maruti will not sell 800 in 11 cities from 2010
05. Hero Honda contributes climb up in two-wheeler sales
06. Tata's Air Car - Is it the next big thing?
07. Maruti 800 : Still run on the road
08. Once again Kawasaki-Bajaj
09. Global Car Majors to Follow Maruti Route
10. Maruti Suzuki's New Launch The Ritz - BS-IV Emission Norms
11. Is Audi Q5 pick the Indian Market?
12. Hyundai - Is a Nano Competitor?
13. Can Maruti Alto compete to Tata's Nano
14. Bajaj Bikes Runs On The Road of Africa and Europe
15. Maruti Suzuki Launches Ritz in Orissa
16. Tata Motors To Give Back Dealers Over Unsold Nano Forms
17. Skoda’s Attraction : A Small Car Runs on Indian Road in Next Year
18. What Is The Real Cost of Owning The Wonder Car - Nano?
19. Honda Jazz : An excellent car with good looks
20. Grab Discount Offers in June from Car Manufacturers in India
21. Mini Car from General Motors
22. Electric and Hybrid Cars from Tata Motors
23. Mahindra's New Variant : Xylo MPV with ABS (Anti-lock Breaking System)
24. Indian Auto Market : Best and Not-So-Best Models
25. TVS Apache RTR, M&M to bump off US Market
26. Fiat's Grande Punto : A Cool Car
27. Honda Jazz - An Excellent Car With Good Looks
28. Car AC : Tips To Tackle With Car AC
29. Mahindra's New Scorpio: A Powerful Automotive Vehicle
30. What is "Bharat IV Emission Norms"?
31. Why I like Maruti 800?
32. Toyota's Land Cruiser On Indian Roads
33. Alfa Romeo Milano : A New CAR (2010)
34. Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid (2010) CAR
35. Just Post Your Complaint Against Auto Drivers
36. You have to wait for Fiat Bravo
37. Expansion of Pre-Owned Cars Business - General Motors
38. Audi is going to Increases its Sales Force in India
39. TVS Flame SR 125 Set In Motion
40. Ford India Counts Big on Indian Market
41. More Powerful Engine of Maruti Grand Vitara
42. M&M Make up a U-Turn to Africa
43. Are You The First Lucky Nano Buyer?
44. Bajaj Launching Upgraded Pulsar 220 DTSi
45. High-tech “Flame” to Heat Up Indian Market
46. A new Spark on Beat-concept by end-2009 from General Motors
47. Air Car From Tata Motors
48. Please do not turn on Car A/C immediately
49. Diesel Engine : Is It Really Profitable? - 2
50. Fulfill Your Dreams with 8% SBI Car Loans