Maruti - the pioneer of 4 wheelers segment has distinct to strip down its popular model – Alto to compete with Nano directly. Another fully loaded model of Alto with the new KB series engine will be inaugurated to compete with models like Hyundai Santro, GM Spark and other similar models in the small car segment.
Maruti is to patch up its small car portfolio completely. The company that sells every second car in India is ready to give fresh competition to other cars in the market. Maruti Swift is its largest selling bounty hatchback model which will be re-introduced as a face-lifted model with fresh design and a new engine. The company is sharply working on upgrading its models for the BS IV norms that become effective next year. New models of Maruti Versa and Zen Estilo are also expected in the market by October this year. A new model of Versa namely O2 will be introduced this year along with Zen Estilo with brand new exteriors and interiors.
Maruti Suzuki MD & CEO S. Nakanishi said, “We have exhausted our quota of new cars with eight new launches in India in the past three years. Now we are looking at beefing up our leadership by refreshing our old portfolio". Maruti will save a immense additive cost on enclosing new cars by introducing better models of its existing and well-established models that will be definitely more value for money for the existing and tested products. So, we have to just wait for new Maruti Alto.
Related Articles : Wheel Industry
01. Honda : What Next
02. Mahindra's Beautiful Dream XYLO running on the road
03. Mahindra and Mahindra : A New Scooter Segment
04. The car of the mile Maruti will not sell 800 in 11 cities from 2010
05. Hero Honda contributes climb up in two-wheeler sales
06. Tata's Air Car - Is it the next big thing?
07. Maruti 800 : Still run on the road
08. Once again Kawasaki-Bajaj
09. Global Car Majors to Follow Maruti Route
10. Maruti Suzuki's New Launch The Ritz - BS-IV Emission Norms
11. Is Audi Q5 pick the Indian Market?
12. Hyundai - Is a Nano Competitor?